OUR COVID-19 RESPONSE
As an essential service, Hutt Gas and Plumbing will remain open while we are at Covid-19 Alert Level 4. We will have a small team available for essential repairs.
What kind of work can we do?
For our industry, essential services means work related to critical infrastructure, or services immediately needed to maintain human health and safety at your home/work. Under this definition we may continue to perform all plumbing, gasfitting and drainlaying work that is associated with ensuring that the other essential services and critical infrastructure can keep operating.
Under this definition the services must:
1. Be needed to maintain human health and safety at home/work; and
2. This need must be immediate.
Examples of the type of work that would come under this definition include:
• The repair/replacement of hot water cylinders/heaters that have failed, as the hot water will be required for sanitation purposes.
• The unblocking and repair/replacement of sanitary waste pipes where there is an immediate threat to human health and safety.
• The repair/replacement of water pipes where there is an immediate threat to human health and safety.
• The repair/replacement of gas piping, fittings and appliances where there is an immediate threat to human health and safety.
Examples of things that would not be included in that definition are:
• The repair of minor leaks.
• The replacement of tap washers.
• Routine servicing.
• The replacement of sanitary fixtures that are working.
The emphasis is on essential repairs. If in doubt, please do not hesitate to contact us on 045650921 or email
Rescheduling of existing appointments
Over the coming days we will be contacting and rescheduling our customers whose job does not fit under essential repairs. Please bear with us as we work through this process.
What to do if you have an emergency and require essential repairs
If you have an emergency or require an essential repair, please contact us as you normally would by calling 045650921 or emailing
We take the health and safety of our staff and customers very seriously. Our staff will have provisions to protect themselves and we will require you to maintain a 2 metre distance from our staff at all times and/or move to a separate room. You must also notify us if any member of your household is unwell before our visit.
For further information please call our team or visit https://covid19.govt.nz/